Thank you for ordering our watermark tiles. Each of your tiles is carefully handcrafted by our tile artisans to create a decorative tile surface for projects including all wall surfaces (interior and exterior) and light interior residential floors*. Your tiles have been sealed and are ready to install.
clé recommends the following installation and maintenance guidelines.
GENERAL INSTALLATION TIPS-
1. For the pattern you’ve purchased, a wide grout joint is NOT recommended. A tight grout joint
will insure that the artwork has a continuous design flow.
2. DO NOT USE TAPE during product installation, or otherwise. We cannot guarantee our products safety against various construction tapes - INCLUDING BLUE TAPE.
3. During installation, only soft cloths are recommended for cleaning the tile surface as well as
for ongoing maintenance.
1. clé watermark tiles are only recommended for light residential floor installations.
2. The tiles must be level with the surrounding tile. Any portion of the tile that sits above the
leveled plane of the floor will be exposed to excessive ware.
3. Our clé floor, backsplash and exteriors kit is required for us on floor applications of
1. We recommend using Mapei Flexcolor CQ, which is intended for unglazed tiles.
2. We recommend “finger grouting” to keep grout in the joints and off of the surface of the tiles. You may find it easiest to employ this grouting method by using a grout bag for applying the grout into the joint and finalizing the grout finish with finger or a soft, wet cloth.
3. Once a clé tile installation has been completely grouted, it is required that the installer clean any residual grout off of the surface of the tiles carefully while the grout is still wet. KEEP YOUR SURFACE CLEAN.
4. Most installation issues arise when the installer has not properly cleaned the surface of the tiles after the grouting process. If the installer uses a typical grout scrub, they may remove portions of the decoration. If the installer leaves a significant grout film on the surface of the tiles, it will mask the decoration. A grout film will not occur if the tile installer has finger grouted, as recommended.
5. Clients not using Mapei Flexcolor CQ should note that any of the latest permacolor grouts dry quicker than common grouts. Extra care should be taken to ensure that the grout is NOT applied to the surface of the tile before it begins its immediate drying. Additionally, the working consistency of permacolor grouts makes it more difficult to finger grout.
1. Avoid using any cleaners that are not neutral Ph. This includes vinegar, and Simple Green products.
2. We require only the use of mild soap and water, and soft cloths. As with any finely decorated ceramic or stone product, clé warns against the use of any surface cleansers or scrubbing pads. especially during the installation process.
*For light residential floors, we recommend the purchase and application of clé floor, backsplash and exteriors kit.